Thursday, December 6, 2012

Kat Quilt -- Top Complete!

The Kat Quilt top -- which I'm calling "Angels with Flashlights" -- is done.  And I'm in love.  


Piecing the backwill have to wait until my thumb heals and I'm back from my cruise on December 17th.  It will take every ounce of willpower not to just curl up under this flimsy!

Though the reason for this quilt stemmed from a tragic event, I will be only happy when I look at it.  It reminds me of light shining through the darkness.... of angels with flashlights who lit my path in the darkest of times.

If you want to know the story behind a specific block (shape, color or fabric), you can use these links:

Edited to add this link to a post which shows how I made my blocks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Friday, I'll link up with: 

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for "Whoop Whoop Friday"
Karen at Sew Many Ways for "Find a Friend Friday"
Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts for "Finish It Up Friday"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



~*~ May your day be full of Love and Ladybug Hugs ~*~
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Kat ~

6 comments:

  1. THAT CAME OUT GREAT! Such a beautiful quilt. That story still haunts me at times, both the shock at it all and the courage your team displayed running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful,such a special quilt.You've made a lovely job of it.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kat, the quilt is just beautiful and I bet you "chomping at the bit" to have finished it before you left on your cruise! I have tears reading about the blocks and maybe after I finish the quilt for Ari that his mama cut out, I can move on to the quilt I designed to make as a tribute to my daughter's love of gardening. I don't know about you, but it's hard to piece when you're crying:-D Have a wonderful cruise and I know I'm counting my blessing this year for having met you, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow all the blocks together are magnificent and the placement is perfect and balanced and the border is perfect too. I love scrappy borders. I know you probably mentioned it in an earlier post but what does the top measure? I don't know how I missed the post about your thumb but glad you are taking care of it. Have a wonderful trip and will be watching for the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, and with a story to tell, snuggle time will be extra special.Enjoy the rest, recuperate your thumb, the back and binding will wait, and you can enjoy it all the more. Greetings from Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you - that's amazing! What a crowning achievement for 2012 - I still can't believe how quickly you put a project together ;) Can't wait to see it finished - just stop lugging heavy wall stones around when you get back from your cruise!

    ReplyDelete

~ Thanks for taking the time to leave me some feedback! ~