Friday, May 4, 2012

H2H 2012 Quilt Complete! (and a SPSA list upate)



Last night I finished my quilt for the Hands 2 Help Charity Quilt Challenge 2012.  I am so happy with how it turned out!  If I had to name this quilt, I'd call it "Comedy of Errors" because nothing about this quilt went the way I had planned... but both my daughters begged to keep it, so I'm thinking some other little girl will love it, too.




The binding was originally supposed to be teal, but the quilt wasn't quite wide enough, so I used that as a border.  On Wednesday I thought I might use yellow for the binding, but I wasn't convinced.  I found a purple solid in my stash with just enough left, so voila!  Purple binding it is! 


Not only is this a great finish for the H2H Challenge, but it is the first thing I can officially cross of my Small Project Sew Along (SPSA) list.  Woo Hoo!!  My full list for May is below.  If you are participating, please leave me a comment so I can take a look at your list and cheer you on.



Here is my current list for May:

1. Complete H2H quilt - Done!
2. Complete Laura's quilt (just needs binding) - Binding is sew to the front, just need to stitch it around the back.

3. Make pillow to match Laura's quilt - Definitely on my list for this weekend.
4. Finish quilt for Sujay (flimsy is complete)
5. Make 3 small memory (t-shirt) wall hangings (1 done, 2 not started)
6. Make 3 small memory (t-shirt) Mickey pillows
7. Make a green mug rug in time for Mother's Day - I started working on this one and changed the approach from what I talked about last time.  I think it's going to be awesome!  Hoping to get this one done this weekend, too! 
8.   Make a pink mug rug just because I want to
9.   Finish April Seasonal Skinny (flimsy is complete)
10. Complete 2 ladybug Seasonal Skinnies for May
11. Cut fabric for summer hexie project
12. Make a portable sewing kit / bag / holder / something-or-other - progress made here!
13. Start (and finish) embroidery for "The Forever Project"
14. Complete "Om" block for "The Forever Project"
15. Make or find a simple pattern for a tote / beach bag
16. Make a year-end gift for my kindergartener's teacher
17. Make a year-end gift for my 3rd grader's teacher
18. Make a birthday gift for kindergartener's BFF
19. Make a "surprise" for my 11 running partners + myself
20. Make an Unruly letters pillow for Kim
21. Update my running scrapbook (no sewing involved!)
22. Figure out a plan of attack for the "Unless" quilt


    Are you participating in the Small Project Sew Along?  If so, please leave me a comment so I can take a peek at your list, too!



    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Linking up with: 

    Confessions of a Fabric Addict for "Whoop Whoop Friday"
    Sew Many Ways for "Find a Friend Friday"
    Edit: Also linking up with Pieceful Life for "Show Off Friday"

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you've worked on this week!



    ~*~ May your day be full of Love and Ladybug Hugs ~*~

    25 comments:

    1. Your quilt is adorable. No wonder your girls want to keep it. I love the back!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great quilt! I agree some little girl is going to be soooo happy with that beauty!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks, Sue! If my girls like it, I feel pretty good about it, since they are *never* shy to tell me when something's just not working for them :-)

        Delete
    3. Oh what a darling quilt! And yippee for getting to cross off a project from your list : )

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks, Elizabeth. Nothing makes me happier than crossing a project off my list!

        Delete
    4. Oh, yes, I agree that a little girl will love this quilt to huggy and back....

      ReplyDelete
    5. Perfect for a special little girl!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Your quilt is so pretty! The purple binding is perfect! Well, done.

      ReplyDelete
    7. This looks fantastic Kat!! What a precious quilt for a little girl!!!

      ReplyDelete
    8. I love the colors in this quilt. It will certainly win some little girl's heart.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you, Katie! I have a terrible fear of bright colors for some reason, but I'm happy with how this one came out. Thanks for stopping by!

        Delete
    9. I love the polka dots! But that long list for May scares me!! :)

      ReplyDelete
    10. What a happy quilt. Perfect for a quilty hug!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Very pretty quilt. I love pinks. This quilt will brings lots of hugs to someone who needs a hug.

      ReplyDelete
    12. When your daughters want to keep it, that's the best kind of endorsement. Very cute quilt, and I'm sure it is going to make some little girl very happy!

      ReplyDelete
    13. I love the purple binding. What a happy accident! And love the whole quilt. So cute.
      That is some list you have there. I'm not making one. It would be too stressful for me. I have a bunch of UFO's, of course, but I have a bunch of ideas, too. What you going to do?
      Hugs!

      ReplyDelete
    14. So nice, I can see why they wanted to keep it! Don't we learn and grow through events that send us back to the fabric stash? Some of the best projects come about that way!! I love your pieced backing!

      ReplyDelete
    15. There is a little girl out there who is going to be thrilled to get this quilt. Great job.

      ReplyDelete
    16. Your quilt is lovely and I agree that it will make someone very happy,

      ReplyDelete

    ~ Thanks for taking the time to leave me some feedback! ~